This is a Guinness World Record Holding LOW TIDE BEACH RUN!! The most EPIC event in North County San Diego! You start and finish at world famous Moonlight Beach in downtown Encinitas and run alongside crashing waves and massive cliffs with thousands of fellow beach lovers! This event is not to be missed!
1K (0.6 Miles)
For ALL AGES & ABILITIES! This 1K is SHORT and SWEEET!! You’ll start at Moonlight Beach then head north to along the crashing surf on the hard-packed sand. You’ll turn around just 0.3 miles at the giant blue 1K Turnaround flag. When you cross the finish line at Moonlight Beach, you’ll receive a KILLER MEDAL and tons of sponsor hydration refreshments and treats! Awards and Prizes for top finishers!
5K (3.1 Miles)
This 5K is absolutely EPIC! You’ll start at Moonlight Beach then head north to along the crashing surf on the hard-packed sand. You’ll turn around just north of famous Beacon’s Beach. Aid Stations will be available with ULTIMA REPLENISHER ELECTROLYTE DRINK & water. When you cross the finish line at Moonlight Beach, you’ll receive a KILLER MEDAL and tons of sponsor hydration refreshments and treats! Then, walk on over to the After-Party in Downtown Encinitas on Hwy 101!
10K (6.2 Miles)
Starting and finishing at Moonlight Beach, this is a famous challenging course for local recreational runners. The first turnaround point will be at Ponto State Beach jetty. There are restrooms and an Aid Station with water and ULTIMA REPLENISHER ELECTROLYTE DRINK. The 2nd turnaround point will be 100 yards south of Moonlight Beach, then you’ll quickly turn around to cross the finish line at Moonlight Beach, where you’ll receive your KILLER MEDAL and tons of hydration refreshments and treats. You’ll LOVE this 10K! There is a 2.5 hour time limit. Then, walk on over to the After-Party in Downtown Encinitas on Hwy 101!
12K (7.45 Miles)
No other 12K like this in California! The entire 12K is on the hard-packed sand passing Beacon’s beach, Ponto Beach, and famous Swami’s Beach. The first turnaround point is located SOUTH of Ponto State Beach jetty with restrooms and an aid station with water and ULTIMA REPLENISHER ELECTROLYTE DRINK. Heading south, you’ll have tons of course support, water, misters to keep you cool and a GORGEOUS view of the pacific ocean. Your 2nd turnaround point will be located at Swami’s Beach. There are restrooms at Swami’s Beach and an Aid Station with water, electrolytes, gels and snacks (M&M’s, etc.) at D Street to keep you strong and smiling! You’ll cross the finish line to receive your KILLER finisher’s medal and tons of hydration refreshments and treats. There is a 2.5 hour time limit (16 min/mile pace).
If you’re completing the 15K AND the Encinitas Half Marathon, then register for the Challenger Series when you sign up and earn an extra medal!!
- SUPER SOFT Race Shirt
- BIG, BEAUTIFUL Finisher’s Medal
- Personalized Bib (must register before Sept 5)
- SPONSOR GOODY BAG
- Finish Line Fest: Aloe Cool Down, Snacks, Drinks, Free Massages
- On-course fuel stations with Ultima Replenisher
- Chip Timed with prizes and awards
- Course Entertainment!
- Tons of sponsor swag and merch booth
- 10:00am – 1:00pm: Race Day Registration and Pre-paid Bib Pick Up
- 12:00pm – Stage Entertainment begins
- 1:30pm – 10K and 12K begins (Times may vary)
- 1:45pm – 1K and 5K begins (Times may vary)
- 2:00pm – Post-race Entertainment begins
RACE DAY REGISTRATION
Race day registration will take place at Moonlight Beach from 10am to 1pm. Cash and credit card only. No discounts will apply. $8 will be added to every registration.
1K – For Adults and Kids
ALL 1K’ers will be TIMED! You’ll start at 1:45pm with the 5Ker’s! Anyone can register for this division! Perfect for all ages and abilities!
Course Time Limit for 5K, 10K, and 12K
The 5K must be completed within 2 hours
The 10K must be completed within 2 hours and 30 minutes
The 12K must be completed within 2 hours 30 minutes.
Re-fueling stations (equipped with water and ULTIMA REPLENISHER ELECTROLYTE DRINK)
1K – There are no water stations on this course. Please use the pre-race water station and the finish line area for your water, energy and electrolyte source.
5K – There is a water station with Ultima at Beacon’s Beach (1.5 miles).
10K – There is a water/ultima station at Beacon’s Beach (1.5 & 4.5 miles), water/ultima station at Ponto Beach (2.5 miles).
12K – There is a water/ultima station at Beacon’s Beach (1.5 & 4.5 miles), water/ultima station SOUTH of Ponto Beach (2.5 miles) and a FUEL station with Gels, water, ultima, and pretzels SOUTH of Moonlight Beach near D Street Beach access (6.1 miles)
The Encinitas Lifeguards will be at the start and finish. There will be 2 ambulances stationed on the north and south end of the course. RaceGuards (running medics) will be on the course to provide emergency response. If you experience any medical issue, please go to the nearest water station or sit higher on the sand near the bluff and medical responders will come to assist you.
Timing and Race Results
Your timing chip will be on the back of your race bib! Results will be based on chip time and results will be posted in the Timing Tent near the finish line, online, and texted to the number you provided on your registration form.
Packet Pick Up (Mandatory)
Where: Road Runner Sports in Carlsbad
When: Fri, Oct 5 from 12-5pm and Sat, Oct 6 from 10-6pm
You must show your photo ID to pick up your bib and goody bag. You may designate a person to pick up your bib number but they must present a copy of your picture ID – no exceptions.
Race Morning Bib Pick Up:
Location: Moonlight Beach from 10am to 1:00pm
Fee: $10 – cash or credit – no exceptions, or pre-pay on registration form.
Rules & Reminders
- Only participants with bib numbers on the front of their shirt will receive a finisher’s medal when they cross the finish line.
- Strollers are permitted on the course.
- You can run barefoot, but shoes are recommended.
- No pets, alcohol, or glass containers allowed at Moonlight Beach or on the course.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, no exceptions. You may transfer your entry to another participant for $10 before Sept 15, 2018.
- You must wear your bib number in order to participate in this race.
- We support fair competition and have a zero tolerance policy for PED’s (Performance Enhancing Drugs). If you are currently suspended or banned from competing, you will be ineligible to win an award. Any use, or prior use that affects your performance day of the race, of drugs, alcohol, performance enhancing medications or methods, or having an unfair advantage will grant you immediate disqualification from this competition.