- Can my friend/family member pick up my packet?
Yes, someone else can pick up your packet at the 2 Day Packet Pick Up Expo, but they must have a photo of your ID.
- Can I pick up my packet on race day?
Yes, but there is a $12 fee to do so. You can pay cash or credit on race day at Moonlight Beach from 10am to 1pm. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Can I bring my pet?
Unfortunately, no dogs or other animals are allowed at Moonlight State Beach.
- Can I run barefoot?
Yes, however, we highly recommend wearing shoes.
- Can I participate with my stroller?
Yes! You can run with your child in the stroller. All kids 3 and under are free, however, they will not receive a race shirt or medal.
- Where’s Moonlight Beach and where do I park?
Moonlight State Beach – 400 B Street, Encinitas, CA 92024. Moonlight Beach is located off of I-5 and Encinitas Blvd exit – head west about 3/4 of a mile and you’ll dead-end into Moonlight Beach. Parking is FREE in the surrounding neighborhood streets, City Hall Parking Lot, Coaster Parking lot and along Highway 101. As with any major event, parking is a headache, so the sooner you arrive, the better. A parking map will be provided to you before the race.
- Do you do group discounts?
Yes, please call or email Megan McCarthy for rates: 760-585-6631 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell me about the 1K
The 1K begins with the 5K participants and every 1K participant is timed! The entire 1K course is on the sand starting and ending at Moonlight Beach. All of the 1K participants will receive t-shirts and medals when they cross the finish line. Parents are allowed to walk or run with their child(ren) for support,but will not receive a time, a bib, a medal or a shirt. The 1K division is open to all ages.
- What is the cancellation/refund policy?
All entries are non-refundable, no exceptions. They are transferable to another person for $20 before Sept 10th, 2018.
- Do you allow walkers?
Yes! Walkers, skippers, crawlers, are all welcome to participate!
- Can I register on race day?
Yes, there will be an additional $12 fee for registering on race day. We accept cash and credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
- Is there a time limit?
Yes, 2 hours this the course limit for all participants.
- Can I change my registration after I registered?
Yes, you may change any participant info including shirt size, estimated time of finish, etc. You may also change divisions. No refunds for a downgrade and you will be charged the difference for an upgrade.
- Bathrooms and Aid Stations on the course?
There are bathrooms located at the start/finish and miles 3 and 6. PLEASE NOTE: Restrooms are OFF COURSE, so we recommend going before you start the race. Aid stations will be located roughly every 1.5 to 2 miles. Water and Ultima Hydration Electrolyte Drink will be provided at all of the aid stations. The aid station at mile 6 will also have treats (M&M’s, pretzels, coca-cola) to keep the 12K runners strong.
- I bought extra race swag (shirt, medal, pint glass), where do I pick that up? You can pick it up on Race Day at the Merchandise Booth.
- I want to upgrade to the VIP. Please contact email@example.com and we can add that to your registration using the card on file.
- I want to be a part of the Challenger Series. If you registered for both the Surfing Madonna 12K and the Encinitas Half Marathon separately, we can transfer you to the Challenger Series Division. If you’re just registered for one of the races, we can upgrade you in the system using the card on file. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org
You still have questions?? Please email email@example.com