EXCITING NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!
Help set a WORLD RECORD for the “largest beach race in the world”! An official Guinness Book of World Records judge will be on site to verify the attempt and officially announce the record on race day!
The Surfing Madonna Beach Run is located in the heart of Encinitas, on the beautiful sands of World Famous Moonlight Beach. The course curves along the waters’ edge along the most scenic beaches in North County San Diego.
Named Top 5 “Best 5K/10K/15K” in the country by Competitor Magazine in 2015.
Race Day Schedule
- 11:00am – 1:30pm: Race Day Registration
- 1:15pm – Kids 1K Fun Run begins
- 2:00pm – 5K/10K/15K begins
- 3:15pm – Guided Cool Down Stretch
- 3:30pm – Guinness Book of World Records Announcement
5K (3.1 Miles)
This 5K is absolutely EPIC! You’ll start at Moonlight Beach then head north to along the crashing surf on the hard-packed sand. You’ll turn around just north of famous Beacon’s Beach. Aid Stations will be available with Electrolytes & water. When you cross the finish line at Moonlight Beach, you’ll receive a KILLER MEDAL and tons of sponsor hydration refreshments and treats!
10K (6.2 Miles)
Starting and finishing at Moonlight Beach, this is a famous challenging course for local recreational runners. The first turnaround point will be at Ponto State Beach jetty. There are restrooms and an Aid Station with water and electrolytes. The 2nd turnaround point will be 100 yards south of Moonlight Beach, then you’ll quickly turn around to cross the finish line at Moonlight Beach, where you’ll receive your KILLER MEDAL and tons of hydration refreshments and treats. You’ll LOVE this 10K! There is a 2.5 hour time limit.
15K (9.3 Miles)
No other 15K like this in California! The entire 15K is on the hard-packed sand passing Beacon’s beach, Ponto Beach, and famous Swami’s Beach. The first turnaround point will be at Ponto State Beach jetty with restrooms and an aid station with water and Ultima Hydration drinks. Heading south, you’ll have tons of course support, water, misters to keep you cool and a GORGEOUS view of the pacific ocean. Your 2nd turnaround point will be just south of Swami’s Beach. There are restrooms at Swami’s Beach and an Aid Station with water, electrolytes, gels and snacks (M&M’s, etc.) to keep you strong and smiling! You’ll cross the finish line to receive your KILLER finisher’s medal and tons of hydration refreshments and treats. There is a 2.5 hour time limit (16 min/mile pace).
2015 Surfing Madonna Run Video
- WORLD RECORD Race Shirt
- Killer “WORLD RECORD” Finisher’s Medal
- Burlap Sac Goodie Bag
- Finish Line refreshments and treats
- Misters on course to keep you cool
- Chip Timed with results texted to you
- Tons of Sponsor Swag
- WORLD RECORD BEACH PARTY
Rules & Reminders
- Entry fees are non-refundable, no exceptions.
- Costume Contest entrants DO NOT have to run in their costume.
- You must wear your bib number in order to participate in this race.
- We support fair competition and have a zero tolerance policy for PED’s (Performance Enhancing Drugs). If you have been suspended or banned from competing, current or prior, you will be ineligible to win an award. Any use, or prior use that affects your performance day of the race, of drugs, alcohol, performance enhancing medications or methods, or having an unfair advantage will grant you immediate disqualification from this competition.